Thursday, April 25, 2013
not sure if i've mentioned on the blog, but we are expecting baby #2...in just a couple of weeks! pregnancy this time around has definitely been different from the first. a lot less anxiousness, a little less gluttony (just a tiny little), and it seems to have just flown by as i've been chasing jamesy around.
one great part has been not having to dress up in business suits, pantyhose and pumps for work. which pretty much means i've been wearing these same 5 things, along with my trusty flip-flops, every single day in various forms and fashions.
1. h&m maternity leggings - discovered these a little late in the game, but have been love loving them. they have enough support so they won't droop while not feeling too constricting on the belly. nobody wants to see a big ol'preggo lady with saggy leggings. plus, they are just $12.95 (or less if you score a coupon)!
2. madewell boyfriend chambray - if it's not maternity, it's gotta be boyfriend fit aka big, baggy, and long enough to cover extra square footage. i got this shirt before i was pregnant and it's transitioned nicely as something to throw on over an outfit that doesn't look like it belongs in the exercise or sleepwear department.
3. PINK boyfriend sweatpants - again, no thank you to the clingy or fitted styles. sometimes wish i could just wear joe's size L sweatpants, but i like to think these at least have a cute logo that helps me look a little more fancy when i'm out and about.
4. gap maternity pure body tank - ok, i've actually been wearing this since i was pregnant with james, today, and almost every day in between. i've even had to throw out the original and order replacements. they are just that comfortable and perfect for layering under non-maternity tops that have belly exposing potential.
5. old navy maxi dress - this is also a newer addition, but overall have been loving all maxi dresses during pregnancy. never thought i'd say this, but i'm thankful for the extra inches on my waist that now make these the right length for me without having to wear heels or get alterations.
the pic of me up there showcasing my manhands is from a couple weeks ago in the 1-4 combo. and yes, we've just about landed on the name "kate" as our final answer but probably won't know for sure until we meet our sweet baby girl. eek, so so so excited for the day!
Monday, April 1, 2013
i know it usually takes me about a year and a half to get pics from my camera uploaded, edited and blogged, but i just couldn't wait to get these little faces at our easter picnic yesterday up on the screen ASAP!
it's been an interesting and often difficult chapter in our life as we face many tough decisions and exciting changes, but as we celebrated easter this weekend, i was reminded of all that i have to be thankful for. because of Christ's perfect life, death, and resurrection i can rejoice and rest confidently in His never-changing and super-abundant love and mercy through whatever the future brings.
the kiddos had a blast "finding" easter eggs and hopefully as they get older they'll be able to see past the jelly beans and reese's peanut butter cups [that mom has been enjoying while they sleep] to see Christ and the true joy He brings.