it definitely has its frustrating and groundhogs day-worthy moments, but i gotta say, i'm learning and being challenged in different ways for which i am so thankful.
here are a few skills i can proudly say i have gained as a mom.
- tetris-ing together plates, cups, utensils, huge stack of free napkins to corner of table furthest from the kid when eating out
- reading a 6-page book in less than 15 seconds so the kid can have closure before losing interest and getting up off my lap
- hiding the remote control, iphone, ipad, ear picker (sometimes joe has to call me to ask where said things are)
- reaching across the back seat of the car, cirque du soleil-style, to grab fallen [fill in the blank] for crying kid
- coming up with strategies while looking quite crazy to keep kid awake in the car to ensure successful nap at home
and on top of that, it's so awesome to be able to see james growing and developing his own little set of toddler skills every day.
c'mon...marching with bells and rolling (aka being thrown) down an incline? somebody hire this kid, already!